Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Yoga Books: Forty Days of Yoga by Kara-Leah Grant

Title: Forty Days of Yoga
Sub Title: Breaking Down the Barriers of a Home Yoga Practice
Published: Aarohati Publishing, 2013
18141042
Summary: Forty Days of Yoga is a powerful resource for anyone interested in committing to a home yoga practice. 

Drawing on her years of home practice experience, yoga teacher and writer Kara-Leah Grant examines many of the obstacles - both internal and external - that one can face when undertaking a self-directed practice, especially while living an ordinary life in the busy, modern world.   (Taken from Goodreads)


My thoughts: This was the second book about Yoga I found and read. It's about how to create a home practice and it talks about what a home practice is and it also gets you to think about how you can create a home practice.  I think it's definitely a good resource to provide a person with the tools to start and maintain a home Yoga practice.

One thing I really like about this book is that it isn't just a book you read, there are also activities to fill out and it really gets you thinking. I love her idea of starting out slowly and just practicing Yoga for 40 consecutive days. I actually followed this plan and have been practicing Yoga every day since.

The back of the book has a lot of resources to books and videos and all sorts of Yoga related things and I found that to be really helpful as in the beginning it was pretty hard for me to find more Yoga related resources.

Now, I am just starting out on my Yoga journey and am nowhere near the point of starting a home practice even though I do see that happening somewhere down the track. I do think this book is a really good resource and I'll be keeping a hold of this so that I can go back to it in the future.

I've also recently discovered that she has a new book out which is a guide to Yoga to give you confidence to get out there and get to Yoga classes which is something that I really need so I will definitely be checking that one out soon.

Where to Purchase the book:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always awesome!