Friday, June 24, 2016

White Sand Volume 1

Title: White Sand Volume 1

Author: Brandon Sanderson, Rik Hoskin


Illustrator: Julius M Gopez


Published: Dynamic Forces, 21 June 2016


Series: Book 1, White Sand


Pages: 160

Purchase Links:
Book Depository

Summary: On the planet of Taldain, the legendary Sand Masters harness arcane powers to manipulate sand in spectacular ways. But when they are slaughtered in a sinister conspiracy, the weakest of their number, Kenton, believes himself to be the only survivor. With enemies closing in on all sides, Kenton forges an unlikely partnership with Khriss -- a mysterious Darksider who hides secrets of her own. (Taken from Goodreads)


Thoughts: I love Brandon Sanderson's books so I jumped at the chance to read this one early as I try to get my hands on everything Sanderson has written. I was a little nervous as I'm not the biggest graphic novel fan but it's Brandon Sanderson so it has to be good.


The art style is quite interesting. It's quite unique compared to other graphic novels I've tried out. I'm not a visually minded person so I did find it hard to tell some characters apart from others. I felt their names were a bit confusing too. That being said this is the first book in the series so it was setting everything up and I definitely think I'll be reading it again soon.


The story itself is mostly setting things up and I'm really hoping that the rest of the books will things well because I honestly feel a little confused. I almost feel like I need to wait until all the books are out so I can see the whole picture.


Overall, I enjoyed the story but I wasn't completely blown away by it. I think I'll definitely be needing to read this one again soon to try and wrap my head around it some more. I would definitely recommend it to fans of Sanderson and fans of graphic novels. I think that because I'm not a regular reader of graphic novels it's hard for me to say if this is good as a graphic novel or not. That being said, I am definitely excited for the next book in the series.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always awesome!