Monday, June 13, 2016

The Bands of Mourning by Brandon Sanderson

Title: The Bands of Mourning

Author: Brandon Sanderson

Published: Gollancz, January 2016

Pages: 437

Series: Book 6, Mistborn; Book 3, Alloy Era

Purchase Links: 
Book Depository
The Nile

Description: May Contain Spoilers! The Bands of Mourning are the mythical metalminds owned by the Lord Ruler, said to grant anyone who wears them the powers that the Lord Ruler had at his command. Hardly anyone thinks they really exist. A kandra researcher has returned to Elendel with images that seem to depict the Bands, as well as writings in a language that no one can read. Waxillium Ladrian is recruited to travel south to the city of New Seran to investigate. Along the way he discovers hints that point to the true goals of his uncle Edwarn and the shadowy organization known as The Set.  (Taken from Goodreads)

Thoughts: I love these Mistborn books a lot more than I do the original trilogy so after the previous book in the series I was looking forward to reading this one. The Bands of Mourning was so good! I honestly feel like that's everything I can say about this book but I'll say a little bit more.

This book was so interesting. There was so much going on, that I just couldn't wait to read more about. I read this book in about three sittings because I was so intrigued by everything that was going on. The Bands of Mourning was so interesting and I really enjoyed the discoveries that Wax and the others made in this story.

I felt like all of the characters really stepped up their game in this one. Steris was so cool in this book, I think I liked her a lot more in this book. But of course Wayne is still my favourite character.

I just really loved this book and I eagerly await the release of the next book, and really anything else that Brandon Sanderson writes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always awesome!