Wednesday, April 6, 2016

The New Zealand Section: An Introduction

As you may or may not be aware of, I am from New Zealand. I was born here and have lived here all my life. When I was younger I read a lot more books by New Zealand authors and this was due to being exposed to them in school and from librarians who thought it important to highlight books written by authors from New Zealand.  This was due to being exposed to them in school and from librarians who thought it important to highlight books written by New Zealand authors. I recently took a step back and looked at the books I read and found the amount of books by New Zealander's to be severely lacking.



One of the main reasons for this is because I haven't actively been looking and have only found new reading material from sources outside of New Zealand. Another reason for this is because I feel as though it's really hard to track down books by authors from New Zealand, or even to find information about the different authors.


So, I have done a lot of searching of several different resources to try and find more books by New Zealander's. Why? Because I want to read more books (both fiction and non-fiction) by authors from New Zealand.




So every second Wednesday I will be posting up a spotlight on a book by a New Zealand author. Some of these will be books about New Zealand and set in New Zealand and others will just be written by New Zealand authors. This is because I want to make it a personal goal to be better read up on New Zealand literature. The other reason for this new feature, is because I want to highlight more New Zealand literature to a wider audience.


Just in case you were looking for more books by New Zealander's you can also check out this list here of every New Zealand book I have featured on the blog:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always awesome!