Monday, April 11, 2016

Dangerous Girls by Abigail Haas

Title: Dangerous Girls

Author: Abigail Haas

Published: Simon & Schuster UK, 2013

Pages: 388

Summary: Elise is dead.
And someone must pay.

Anna, her boyfriend Tate, best friend Elise and a group of close friends set off on a debaucherous Spring Break trip to Aruba. But paradise soon turns into a living nightmare when Elise is brutally murdered.
Soon Anna finds herself trapped in a foreign country and fighting for her freedom. As she awaits the judge's decree, it becomes clear that everyone is questioning her innocence. To the rest of the world, Anna isn't just guilty, but dangerous. As the court case unfolds the truth is about to come out, and it's more shocking than you could ever imagine... (Taken from Goodreads)

Thoughts: I've been watching a lot of How to Get Away with Murder lately so I was looking for a book with court cases, and an unfolding mystery that will reveal it piece by piece and have a twist at the ending. I had a feeling that Dangerous Girls might fill that need and I was partially right.

This book started off quite interestingly with a transcript of the call to the emergency services after the group of friends discover Elise's body.  I was sucked into the story for the first couple of chapters but once I got past the first couple I felt like the story slowed down a little. It did pick up again towards the end and I found myself just sitting in my chair waiting to get to the point where it's revealed what happens. I did feel like the end of the trial was pretty tense. For the last quarter of the book I was definitely glued to the page just desperate to finish it.

I had an idea about what I was hoping the ending would be and who had killed Elise but at the same time I also had a feeling that the author would spin a different ending to the one I was hoping for and I was right. I was a little disappointed at that as I felt like it was a little too predictable.

Overall, I thought Dangerous Girls was quite enjoyable. I did find it was a little predictable for the most part but it was an interesting read none-the-less. I would suggest it for fans of thrillers and murder mysteries.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always awesome!