Friday, March 4, 2016

The Great Hunt by Robert Jordan

Title: The Great Hunt

Author: Robert Jordan

Published: Orbit, 2006 (First published 1990)

Pages: 707

Series: Book 2, The Wheel of Time

Summary: May contain spoilers! The Forsaken are loose, the Horn of Valere has been found and the Dead are rising from their dreamless sleep. The Prophecies are being fulfilled - but Rand al' Thor, the shepherd the Aes Sedai have proclaimed as the Dragon Reborn, desperately seeks to escape his destiny. 

Rand cannot run forever. With every passing day the Dark One grows in strength and strives to shatter his ancient prison, to break the Wheel, to bring an end to Time and sunder the weave of the Pattern.
And the Pattern demands the Dragon. (Taken from Goodreads)

Thoughts: This is the second book in the Wheel of Time Series and my goal this year is to make my way through these books.  As this series is pretty big I was unsure of what would happen and what direction this book would take as the previous book wrapped things up quite nicely.

I felt as though this book was a bit darker than the first book which at first surprised me a little but it added a bit more intrigue to the story.  I also liked how there were a few things that were revealed about certain characters that I found to be quite interesting.

One thing that bothered me a little was how much the female characters were all fawning over Rand. There was one scene where Egwene and Nynaeve were in a little bit of trouble and one of them stated that they wished Rand was there with them.

I felt as though the pages of this book happened to fly by.  The book is over 700 pages but I felt that it didn't take me very long at all to read once I sat down and started giving it some more attention.

Overall, I quite enjoyed The Great Hunt.  There were a couple of things about the book that I wasn't so keen on but overall I found the story to be quite an interesting one and I'll be picking up the next one soon to see how the story continues.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always awesome!