Friday, February 26, 2016

Quicksilver by R. J. Anderson

Title: Quicksilver

Author: R. J. Anderson

Published: Orchard Books, 2013

Pages: 384

Series: Book 2, Ultraviolet

Summary: May contain spoilers! Back in her hometown, Tori Beaugrand had everything a teenaged girl could want—popularity, money, beauty. But she also had a secret. A secret that could change her life in an instant, or destroy it.

Now she’s left everything from her old life behind, including her real name and Alison, the one friend who truly understood her. She can’t escape who and what she is. But if she wants to have anything like a normal life, she has to blend in and hide her unusual... talents.

Plans change when the enigmatic Sebastian Faraday reappears and gives Tori some bad news: she hasn’t escaped her past. In fact, she’s attracted new interest in the form of an obsessed ex-cop turned investigator for a genetics lab.
She has one last shot at getting her enemies off her trail and winning the security and independence she’s always longed for. But saving herself will take every ounce of Tori’s incredible electronics and engineering skills—and even then, she may need to sacrifice more than she could possibly imagine if she wants to be free.  (Taken from Goodreads)

Thoughts: I read the first book, Ultraviolet around four or five years ago so I really wasn't sure how much of the events of the first book I would remember but once I got a few pages in things definitely came back to me.

I feel as though I don't have a whole lot to say about Quicksilver because it is the second book in the series and the first one itself is very mysterious so a lot of the things I could potentially say about this book may give things away.  However, I will say that this book changes perspectives and because of that I think it wasn't as fun or interesting as the first one.

While this book is over 300 pages I found that it only took me a couple of hours to read.  The writing flows really well and the story just carries quite fast so it doesn't take too long to read.  My interest was definitely kept from the beginning right up until the end.

I quite enjoyed reading Ultraviolet.  It was fast paced and it kept me entertained for the duration of the book.  It was a good book.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always awesome!