Friday, January 1, 2016

My 2016 Reading Goals

Another year has been and gone and it is now time to think about my reading goals for next year.  There are a couple of things that I want to do as a whole and then there are some smaller goals so I figured that I'd just put them all into a post here or at least talk about them here.  In terms of the blog, I definitely want to keep up with my blogging about books and I will still continue to try and post reviews up every Monday and Friday and will potentially expand this out as time goes on.  I also want to make monthly wrap-up posts so that I can have just keep track of my goals and make sure that I can keep track of my goals and this year actually achieve them.

So anyway, there are two big goals I have for this year and a couple of smaller ones.

Big Goal Number One:  Reduce my tbr pile down to fifteen books.  This is one that I would love to get done sooner rather than later.  Basically this is so I can circulate through my books easier and I don't have too much trouble choosing which book to read next.  It also lets me do some re-reading of books without feeling too guilty.  I will be posting up a list of all the books in my tbr pile soon so that I can just make a big list of them and I'll add links to reviews and update the list as I progress.

Big Goal Number Two: The Pop Sugar 2016 Reading Challenge.  This just looks really fun and while a lot of the books on my tbr pile don't fit the books on the list I'm going to focus on this one, once I manage to reduce my reading pile.  I will also be making a separate post about this one, listing some ideas for the categories and such as I go.

Smaller Goals:
Read more non-fiction
Have fun reading my books
Don't force my way through a book I'm not enjoying.  If I'm not liking it, then I just need to put it down.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always awesome!