Monday, November 9, 2015

Grave Secrets by Kathy Reichs

Title: Grave Secrets

Author: Kathy Reichs

Published: Arrow, 2008

Pages: 436

Series: Book 5, Temperance Brennan

Summary: Temperance Brennan is helping her Guatemalan colleagues identify Something savage happened in the Guatemalan highlands two decades ago and something savage is happening today. Four girls are missing from Guatemala City, and the victims may be linked. An American human rights investigator is murdered as Tempe listens to her screams on the phone. Will Tempe be the next victim in this web of intrigue?  (Taken from Goodreads)

Thoughts: I had been taking a bit of a break from this series as I had found the first three books to be pretty repetitive.  A couple of months ago, I was sent book 18 in the series and I flew through it because I absolutely loved reading it.  After having a not so great reading month in October, I decided to carry on with the series.  I had already read book four a few years ago so carried on with book number five.  That is one really good thing about this series, you can read the books out of order and it doesn't really matter.  That being said I am working on reading the rest of the series in order.

So what did I think of Grave Secrets?  I really enjoyed it.  I feel like Kathy Reichs is one of those authors whose writing improves over time.  There are some authors who start out strong and then the quality of their books degrade over time.  This is not the case for Kathy Reichs.

I love the scientific explanations in this book.  I really enjoy mysteries and when they go over some of the forensic processes and explain some of the science behind their findings, I just find that so good.  With these books it's also realistic as Kathy Reichs used to do forensic anthropology as her job.

It took me two days to read this book because it was so interesting.  I was hooked because I just had to know who the person in the septic tank was, and then who killed them and why.  I think what didn't help was that the end of every chapter was presented in a way that made me just have to read the next chapter.

Overall, I really enjoyed Grave Secrets and I can't wait to read the next book in the series.  I have already got it out of the library so will be reading it very soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always awesome!