Monday, November 23, 2015

Bare Bones by Kathy Reichs

Title: Bare Bones

Author: Kathy Reichs


Published: Arrow, 2004


Pages: 420


Series: Book 6, Temperance Brennan


Summary: During one of the hottest summers on record, Dr Temperance Brennan is haunted by a string of horrifying events.


First, the bones of a newborn baby are discovered in a wood stove. The mother is nowhere to be found.

Next, a plane flies into a rock face. The dead pilot and passenger are burned beyond recognition, and covered in an unknown substance.
And then a store of bones is found in a remote corner of the county. What has happened, and who will be the next victim? The answers lie hidden deep within the bones - but Tempe must find them in time to stop further disaster.  (Taken from Goodreads)


Thoughts: I've been feeling in the mood to read through this series lately so I was pretty excited to pick up book six in the series.

I really love the science aspects of these books.  I'm not sure if they're 100% accurate but I know that Kathy Reichs worked in the field and also does her own research so I'm willing to bet that a lot of it is accurate.  I also know some of the stuff she's talking about and that stuff is accurate.  Either way, it just makes the stories that little bit more interesting.

I don't have a lot to say about this book, other than it starts off in an interesting but tragic way and then mysteries just keep getting deeper.  There were a few mystery aspects going on in this book and I felt like I needed answers so I read this book in two sittings.  I really feel as though Kathy Reichs' writing improves with every book and they become that much more enjoyable.


Overall, I'm really enjoying this series.  They're just really fun to read and they're really easy to read so I can just read through them when I'm feeling tired and I don't have to switch my brain on to analyse every sentence and such.  Anyway, I am definitely enjoying the series and will be carrying on with the next book soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always awesome!