Monday, October 26, 2015

Flipped for Murder by Maddie Day

Title: Flipped for Murder

Author: Maddie Day

Published: 27 October 2015, Kensington

Pages: 304

Series: Book 1, A Country Store Mystery

Purchase Links:
Book Depository*

Summary: Nursing a broken heart, Robbie Jordan is trading in her life on the West Coast for the rolling hills of southern Indiana. After paying a visit to her Aunt Adele, she fell in love with the tiny town of South Lick. And when she spots a For Sale sign on a rundown country store, she decides to snap it up and put her skills as a cook and a carpenter to use. Everyone in town shows up for the grand re-opening of Pans ‘n Pancakes, but when the mayor's disagreeable assistant is found dead, Robbie realizes that not all press is good press. With all eyes on her, she'll have to summon her puzzle-solving skills to clear her name, unscramble the town's darkest secrets, and track down a cold-blooded killer--before she's the next to die...  (Taken from Goodreads)

Thoughts: I have found myself absolutely loving Cosy mystery stories lately and I felt like this one looked like my kind of book.  I always seem to love the mysteries that have a foodie theme to them.  Flipped for Murder was no exception.


This book had so much food, that it made me feel really hungry.  It also made me want to jump into the kitchen myself and do some cooking.  This is one of those cosy mystery stories that have recipes in the back and these one sounded really good so I need to try those at some point.  Anyway, the point is, that I always enjoy reading cosy mysteries when they have interesting side themes, and a foodie side theme is always a winner.

The mystery itself was quite interesting, although I did feel like this one didn't have the main character investigating as much.  That being said, there was another little bit of a mystery that was happening and the same time and I really enjoyed that.

I kind of managed to guess the murderer but at the same time, I had two other suspects as well so I wasn't completely able to guess.  I did find that the ending just sort of happened really abruptly.  I was a little taken aback by that.

Overall, I quite enjoyed Flipped for Murder, it was really interesting and just a fun cosy mystery.  I look forward to reading the next book in the series when it is released.

Source: NetGalley for Review

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always awesome!