Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Unpopular Opinions Book Tag

I have been seeing this around youtube a lot and I figured that it was time I did it because it looks fun and I like to talk about my unpopular opinions haha.  The original video can be found here.

1. A Popular Book or series that you didn't like.


This is a hard one, but I think I will go with the Fever series by Karen Marie Moning.  I read the first book, and just could not get into it, it was awful.


2. A Popular Book or series that every one else seems to hate but you love. 


With this one, I'm going to go with The Hollow by Jessica Verday.  I feel like that book wasn't received very well when it came out.  I have to say that I really enjoyed it though.


3. A Love Triangle where the main character ended up with the person you did NOT want them to end up with (warn ppl for spoilers) OR an OTP that you don't like. 


I feel like this is a really easy one to answer because I have so many.  Twilight, The Hunger Games and The Song of the Lioness Quartet are three that stick out in my mind right off the top of my head.


4. A popular book Genre that you hardly reach for. 


Anything contemporary.  I'm just really not that much of a fan of contemporary.

5. A popular or beloved character that you do not like.


To be honest, I am not the biggest fan of Harry Potter as a character.  I just felt like he could be annoying at times.  I love the series but Harry is not one of my favourite characters.


6. A popular author that you can't seem to get into.

I have two for this.  The first is Diana Wynne Jones.  I loved Howl's Moving Castle, but every other book I have tried to read of hers, I just couldn't get into.  The second is Terry Pratchett.  I have tried on so many different occasions to read a novel by him but I just couldn't get into any of them.  I guess they're just not for me.

7. A popular book trope that you're tired of seeing. (examples "lost princess", corrupt ruler, love triangles, etc.)

The cheating husband.  I swear the last few books I have read, have all had cheating husbands in them and I am so sick of it.  I just find it strange that almost every husband in a book has to cheat.

8. A popular series that you have no interest in reading.

There are a lot of these.  Honestly, these days, any YA series that's popular.  I'm over YA and have just purged my shelves of almost every young adult book.  If you're wanting something more specific then I definitely don't have any intentions to read the City of Bones series.

9. 
The saying goes "The book is always better than the movie", but what movie or T.V. show adaptation do you prefer more than the book?I would have to say, Bridge to Terabithia.  I just really enjoyed the movie so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always awesome!