Monday, September 28, 2015

The Seance by Heather Graham

Title: The Seance

Author: Heather Graham

Published: Mira, 2007

Pages: 377

Series: Book 6, Harrison Investigation

Summary: A chill falls over Christina Hardy's housewarming party when talk turns to a recent murder that has all the hallmarks of the so-called 'Interstate Killer' murders from fifteen years before. To lighten the mood, the guests drag out an old Ouija board for a little spooky fun -- and that's when things become truly terrifying.

Summoned by the Ouija board, the restless spirit of Beau Kidd, the lead detective -- and chief suspect -- on the original case, seeks Christina's help: the latest killing isn't a copycat crime, and he wants his name cleared. Back in the real world, cop-turned-writer Jed Braden is skeptical of Christina's ghostly encounters, but his police sources confirm all the intimate details of the case -- her otherworldly source is reliable, and the body count is growing. 
The spirits are right. The Interstate Killer is still out there, and Christina's life is hanging in the balance between this world and the next.  (Taken from Goodreads)

Thoughts:  I always find Heather Graham's books to be enjoyable paranormal mysteries.  I generally read them when I want something of a lighter nature.

I felt like The Seance was a lot creepier than the previous books of Graham's I have read.  This one just had this extra chill factor and I really enjoyed it.  It made reading this book at night particularly scary.

In terms of the mystery I did manage to guess what was going on and who the killer was.  One thing I particularly enjoy is that Heather Graham incorporates a few red herrings throughout the book, but I managed to see through them.  Which is something I enjoy.

Overall, I really enjoy reading Heather Graham's mysteries.  They're good for a light mystery with paranormal elements.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always awesome!