Friday, September 18, 2015

The Alloy of Law by Brandon Sanderson

Title: The Alloy of Law

Author: Brandon Sanderson

Published: Gollancz, 2011

Pages: 327

Series: Book 4, Mistborn

Summary: Centuries after the Mistborn trilogy, Scadrial is on the verge of modernity - railroads, electric street lights, and skyscrapers. Waxillium Ladrian can Push on metals with his Allomancy and use Feruchemy to become lighter or heavier at will. After 20 years in the dusty Roughs, in the city of Elendel, the new head of a noble house may need to keep his guns.  (Taken from Goodreads)

Thoughts: I wasn't entirely sure what The Alloy of Law is about, because I felt that with the original trilogy my enjoyment was taken away from it a little by already knowing quite a lot about the story so I decided to go into The Alloy of Law without really knowing much about the plot.


I was pleasantly surprised with the Alloy of Law as I felt like there was a bit of humour sprinkled into the story which I really enjoyed.  I thought that Wax and Wane were just really fascinating characters and I loved reading about their adventures.


It's hard to say too much about it, but I feel like this book was just really fun and so good.  It was a welcome change from the previous three novels.  It is quite a lot different from the previous three books, or the original trilogy.  It seems like those who love the original trilogy don't like this one as much, and well, because I wasn't overly in love with the original trilogy I found this one to be really good and refreshing.

I really loved reading The Alloy of Law, it was so interesting and I can't wait to read the next book in the series, which is released in October.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always awesome!