Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Three Bedrooms, One Corpse by Charlaine Harris

Title: Three Bedrooms, One Corpse

Author: Charlaine Harris

Published: Gollancz, 2012 (First published 1994)

Pages: 215

Series: Book 3, Aurora Teagarden

Summary: An unexpected legacy has given former librarian Aurora "Roe" Teagarden some time on her hands, so she decides to try selling real estate. Her mother, after all, is Lawrenceton's premier real estate agent, giving Roe a head start on this new career. But at her first house showing, Roe discovers the naked corpse of a rival broker. It looks like there's a cool killer at large, one who knows a great deal about real estate- and maybe too much about Roe.  (Taken from Goodreads)

Thoughts: I've been really getting into the cosy mystery books lately so I was very much excited to pick up Three Bedrooms, One Corpse.


I do feel like the Aurora Teagarden books are a little less on the cosy side as quite a few of the mystery series I've been reading as these ones have a bit more detail about the actual murders.  This doesn't tend to bother me though.  I think the main thing is that there is a little bit of investigating by these amateur sleuths and that couples with luck get a mystery solved.

One thing I liked about this one is that it had Aurora out and doing more investigating.  The previous book didn't have so much of that but in this one it felt more like I was going along with Aurora and checking out different people's actions and getting more clues.  It was just really good.

I didn't actually guess who the murderer was.  I think in some ways this was because I was kind of more swept up in the story as a whole that I wasn't spending the time to think about who could have committed the crime and why.

Overall, I really enjoyed reading Three Bedrooms, One Corpse.  I've already read the synopsis for the next book in the series and it sounds highly intriguing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always awesome!