Monday, August 24, 2015

The Hero of Ages by Brandon Sanderson

Title: The Hero of Ages

Author: Brandon Sanderson

Published: Gollancz, 2010

Pages: 724

Series: Book 3, Mistborn

Summary: May contain spoilers! Tricked into releasing the evil spirit Ruin while attempting to close the Well of Ascension, new emperor Elend Venture and his wife, the assassin Vin, are now hard-pressed to save the world.  (Taken from Goodreads)

Thoughts: I love Brandon Sanderson's writing and am working on reading all of his books. I have to say that the Mistborn series is my least favourite of his books' and this is just because it has more of a focus on politics than the others and I feel as though I have already heard so much about the magic system from other people that it just doesn't feel as special any more.


That being said, I am still thoroughly enjoying the Mistborn series.  I feel as though my thoughts on this book are going to be quite short as this is the third book and so it's the conclusion of this trilogy so I really don't want to give too much away.


This book has a lot more action scenes and while I don't usually like those scenes so much, I feel like Brandon Sanderson does a good job of making battle scenes being interesting and well worth reading.

In terms of the ending I felt like while I didn't guess who the ending would involve I did have some ideas that it would go that way.  Although I have to say, I would have preferred The Hero of Ages to be someone else but who it was, is also someone I was happy with.

The Hero of Ages was a good book and I always enjoy reading Brandon Sanderson's books.  I'm glad that the magic system did have more depth than what other people had described it to be and I am very much excited to continue on with the series.  I'm looking forward to reading The Alloy of Law in anticipation of the next book coming out later this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always awesome!