Saturday, August 1, 2015

July Wrap-Up

July seemed to fly by for me and so I now have a little list of books that I managed to read this month.  I also wanted to just say that I'm going to be changing my scheduling up a little bit from now and instead of posting a review every Monday and Friday I am now going to be a little more ambitious and try and post up a review every Monday, Wednesday and Friday.  On Tuesdays and Thursdays I will try to post up some other kind of bookish post but we will see how we go.  Now, onto the books I managed to read this month.

1. Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire by J. K. Rowling


At the beginning of the month I was still working on my thesis and I was using reading as a way to wind-down at the end of the day so I found reading Harry Potter was a really good way to make me feel good and relaxed at the end of the day.  Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire isn't my favourite book in the series but I felt as though I had a greater appreciation re-reading it this time.  It was just really what I needed at the time.

2. Rogue by Gina Damico


You can find my review of Rogue here.

3. Trouble with Lichen by John Wyndham


You can find my review for Trouble with Lichen here.

4. Shadow Scale by Rachel Hartman


My review of Shadow Scale can be found here.

5. Speaking in Bones by Kathy Reichs


My review for Speaking in Bones can be found here.

6. Murder is Binding by Lorna Barrett


My review for Murder is Binding can be found here.

7. Eating Animals by Jonathan Safran Foer


I have to say that I didn't find this book as enjoyable or convincing as what I would have hoped.  I felt as though Jonathan Safran Foer's writing style was kind of pretentious and I didn't like the way he outlined his argument.

8. Agatha Raisin and the Terrible Tourist by M. C. Beaton


My review for Agatha Raisin and the Terrible Tourist can be found here.

9. Poltergeeks by Sean Cummings


My review for Poltergeeks can be found here.

10. The Dead Room by Heather Graham


Review will be published in the future.

11. Three Bedrooms, One Corpse by Charlaine Harris


Review will be published in the future.

12. Agatha Raisin and the Wellspring of Death by M. C. Beaton

Review will be published in the future.

13. Scarlet by Marissa Meyer


Review will be published in the future.

14. Death Comes as the End by Agatha Christie


Review will be published in the future.

15. Darkfever by Karen Marie Moning


Review will be published in the future.

16. Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix by J. K. Rowling


This is my least favourite book in the Harry Potter series but I did feel like this time around I was getting some really interesting and more detailed information that I couldn't recall the other few times I had read the book.

So those were the books I read in July and I am extremely happy with the amount of books I read.  I don't expect August to be as good of a reading month but I can be hopeful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always awesome!