Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Bookmarked for Death by Lorna Barrett

Title: Bookmarked for Death

Author: Lorna Barrett

Published: Berkley Prime Crime, 2009

Pages: 297

Series: Book 2, Booktown Mystery

Summary: What do a stone book and a stabbed cake have to do with Zoë Carter's death?

Once a struggling town, Stoneham, New Hampshire is now enjoying a renaissance--thanks to booksellers like Tricia Miles, proprietor of Haven’t Got a Clue. It’s a great place to find a good mystery to read--or to solve ….
To celebrate her bookstore’s anniversary, Tricia Miles hosts a book signing for bestselling author Zoë Carter. But the event takes a terrible turn when the author is found dead in the washroom. Before long, both police and reporters are demanding the real story. So far, the author’s obnoxious assistant/niece is the only suspect. And with a sheriff who provides more obstacles than answers, Tricia will have to take matters into her own hands--and read between the lines to solve this mystery…  (Taken from Goodreads)

Thoughts: I really loved the first book in this series and just had to continue on with the next book in the series as soon as I could.  Needless to say, I enjoyed this one just as much as the first one.

I loved the mystery aspect of the story.  It's always fun to follow along with Tricia to solve the mysteries and sort through the clues.  I have to say that there were quite a few red herrings in this book and it was very interesting trying to figure out who the culprit actually was.  I didn't end up guessing who the culprit was so I was surprised by the ending.

I felt as though there wasn't as much of a focus on Tricia's bookshop in this one but I still enjoyed the small amount of time that was spent in the bookstore.  The other thing I really love about these books, is the food aspect.  Tricia's sister just makes the nicest sounding food and each book has recipes in the back for the food that was mentioned in the book.  I felt as though they weren't as exciting or delicious sounding as the previous book but they still sounded pretty nice.

I really loved Bookmarked for Death, it was just such a fun mystery and something that I really enjoyed reading.  I think that the Booktown Mystery series may fast become one of my favourite cosy mystery series and as soon as I read a few more of my own books I might have to go and marathon the rest of the series because I'm really enjoying them.

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always awesome!