Friday, July 10, 2015

Rogue by Gina Damico

Title: Rogue

Author: Gina Damico

Published: Graphia, 2013

Pages: 326

Series: Book 3, Croak

Summary: May contain spoilers! Lex is a teenage Grim Reaper with the power to Damn souls, and it’s getting out of control. She’s a fugitive, on the run from the maniacal new mayor of Croak and the townspeople who want to see her pay the price for her misdeeds. Uncle Mort rounds up the Junior Grims to flee Croak once again, but this time they’re joined by Grotton, the most powerful Grim of all time. Their new mission is clear: Fix his mistakes, or the Afterlife will cease to exist, along with all the souls in it. 

The gang heads for Necropolis, the labyrinth-like capital city of the Grimsphere. There, they discover that the Grimsphere needs a reboot. To do that, the portals to the Afterlife must be destroyed…but even that may not be enough to fix the damage. Things go from bad to worse, and when at last the fate of the Afterlife and all the souls of the Damned hang in the balance, it falls to Lex and her friends to make one final, impossible choice.  (Taken from Goodreads)

Thoughts: I've been reading my way through a bunch of books that have been sitting on my reading pile for quite a few years and I thought it would be a good time to read Rogue by Gina Damico.  This is the third book in the trilogy so I was curious as to how it would end.

I'm not sure if it was just me or the book, but I felt as though Rogue wasn't as good as the first two books in the series.  It didn't have as much of the dark humour that I had come to really enjoy.

The characters weren't as exciting as they used to be and I found Lex to be more annoying than anything.  Driggs was an interesting character especially after the way things happened in the last book in the series.

The plot was interesting and I was curious as to how they were planning on doing exactly what they had planned to do.  I felt like everything sort of just came together in the end all of a sudden.  I felt like it went by so fast that I had to re-read a few pages to reassure myself that the conflict had been resolved.

I don't have a lot to say about Rogue to be honest.  It worked as an ending to the trilogy but I just felt it was missing something that the other two books.

1 comment:

  1. I really want to check out this series. I'm sorry that you didn't much enjoy this one though.
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always awesome!