Wednesday, July 15, 2015

My Reading Goal for the Rest of the Year

I have now finished with my university work for good and so I don't need to spend every waking minute working on that, so I can now put more focus back into blogging because I really do enjoy writing about books on this blog.  So today, I wanted to talk about my plans for the rest of the year in terms of reading.  

Now is the time where I want to really focus on reducing down my reading pile and making my way through my old books.  I have a pile of books that keep getting bigger and while I have been having a go at reducing the pile, I feel as though I have started slipping with that lately.  Now that I am finished with university I am going to be knuckling down and getting through that tbr pile.  I think to help get through that I will be writing about some of the things I am trying to do to make sure that I do reduce down that pile.

I am also doing the Pop Sugar reading challenge this year and so I would like to continue working my way through the books on that list.  To make it easier to do I have made some suggestions for books to read for this challenge, from my tbr pile as it is.  I don't really want to go out of my way to find some new books for this as I really do want to read through the pile of books I have now.

The end goal for this is probably about 10-15 books in my reading pile at once, because I think that is a good amount that I'm not overwhelmed by choice and I won't be underwhelmed by choice either.  So that is the plan.

The reason I am really wanting to reduce my reading pile is because there are so many times when I have a lot of difficulty choosing which book to read next.  There end up being a bunch of books that end up getting pushed to the back of the pile and they sit there gathering dust for years.  The pile also seems to be getting bigger rather than smaller and so for the rest of the year I am going to be trying very hard to read as many of the books on my tbr pile as I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always awesome!