Monday, July 20, 2015

Murder is Binding by Lorna Barrett

Title: Murder is Binding

Author: Lorna Barrett

Published: Berkely Prime Crime, 2008

Pages: 281

Series: Book 1, Booktown Mysteries

Summary: The streets of Stoneham, New Hampshire, are lined with bookstores...and paved with murder. 

When she moved to Stoneham, city slicker Tricia Miles met nothing but friendly faces. And when she opened her mystery bookstore, she met friendly competition. But when she finds Doris Gleason dead in her own cookbook store, killed by a carving knife, the atmosphere seems more cutthroat than cordial. Someone wanted to get their hands on the rare cookbook that Doris had recently purchased-and the locals think that someone is Tricia. To clear her name, Tricia will have to take a page out of one of her own mysteries-and hunt down someone who isn't killing by the book.  (Taken from Goodreads)


Thoughts: Cosy mysteries are my new light reads.  I love picking up a cosy mystery and just reading through it when I want to read something that doesn't require a lot of brain power.  Because of my newly discovered love of cosy mysteries I have been trying out a few series looking for some that will take my interest and make good additions to my collection of cosy mysteries to read and enjoy.  Murder is Binding sounded really like it could be pretty good.

From the beginning I was very much intrigued by this book.  Tricia is a mystery bookseller and so scattered throughout the story were little references to famous mystery novels and I just really enjoy things like that.  The mystery itself was so interesting and I found myself drawn in and just couldn't stop reading.  I had to know who the murderer was.  There were hints and clues dropped about a lot of people but I found it really difficult to make a decision about who the killer was.

The Sheriff in this book was so awful and I hated the way she targeted Tricia.  I just hated how she was intent on pinning the murder on Tricia, and so I really couldn't wait for her to eat her words when she was proven wrong.


The food in this book sounded so amazing and I just wished I could have tasted all of the amazing things that Angelica made.  The book also comes with recipes and I for one am definitely interested in trying them out.

I really loved Murder is Binding, it was a great start to a series and it was exactly what I had needed.  I cannot wait to read the next book in the series because this one was just so good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always awesome!