Monday, June 15, 2015

The Devil's Only Friend by Dan Wells

Title: The Devil's Only Friend

Author: Dan Wells

Published: 16 June 2015, Tor

Pages: 272

Series: Book 4, John Cleaver

Summary: MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS! The Devil’s Only Friend picks up one year after I Don’t Want to Kill You, with John still struggling to deal with the horrible things that happened in the first trilogy. On the plus side, he’s working with a group of FBI demon hunters, but on the down side, that’s not actually a plus side: he’s spent his whole life trying not to think about killing, and now it’s his job. He feels trapped, he feels desperate, he feels his control slipping away, and then…well, I’d better not say anything else. There’s a war brewing between humans and monsters, and John’s trapped in the middle, and it’s not going to end well for anyone.  (Taken from Goodreads)

Thoughts:   After reading the first three John Cleaver books last year, I was a little worried that there would be no more books in the series.  However, Dan Wells announced that there would indeed, be more books and so I have been sitting, patiently waiting for the chance to read this book.  Needless to say, when I saw it on NetGalley I just had to request it and was extremely excited when I was allowed to read this books.


The Devil's Only Friend is just as amazing as the other three books in the John Cleaver series and I was engrossed in the story from page one.  I managed to read through the story in a few hours because I didn't want to put it down.

I feel that as we continue on in the series we learn more about the withered and that just makes it all the more interesting.  Also, the whole story line of this book was highly interesting and I felt as though I learned quite a lot.

I find it hard to say too much about this book because it is seriously good and if you haven't read any of the series yet, then I highly encourage you to pick up the first book because it is so amazing.  I am definitely looking forward to the next book in the series.

Source: Netgalley for review

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always awesome!