Friday, June 19, 2015

Embers & Echoes by Karsten Knight

Title: Embers & Echoes

Author: Karsten Knight

Published: Simon & Schuster, 2012

Pages: 480

Series: Book 2, Wildefire

Summary: MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS! Ashline Wilde may have needed school to learn that she is actually a reincarnated goddess, but she’s ready to move beyond books. She leaves her California boarding school behind and makes for Miami, where she meets a new group of deities and desperately seeks her sister Rose, the goddess of war. But she’s also looking for love—because even though her romance with Cole had to be snuffed, Ash is a volcano goddess—and she doesn’t get burned. (Taken from Goodreads)

Thoughts: After reading the first book last year I was extremely excited to read the next book.  I finally picked it up and for the most part I'm glad that I did.  I'm kind of kicking myself for not picking up this series sooner.

I did find the beginning to be a bit slow but once I got into the story a bit more I found myself hooked and at one point, I kept reading telling myself I would just read to the next chapter.

Things are definitely getting interesting in the second book in the trilogy.  Generally, when reading trilogies I have major problems with the second books because they always tend to consist mostly of filler, rather than any exciting content.  Thankfully, with Embers & Echoes this wasn't the case.  There was the overarching plot but there was also a little bit of side plot with this one that kept the book interesting.

I feel like the Wildefire series is a really good YA series as it's different to the majority of series' out there.  The only issue is that it doesn't get nearly enough attention.  It's funny, action-packed and highly entertaining.

I am definitely looking forward to reading the final book in the trilogy, Afterglow.  The second book ended with things getting very interesting.  I do feel as though I know the outcome of the next book but you never know, I could be wrong.

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always awesome!