Friday, April 3, 2015

The Kraken Wakes by John Wyndham

Title: The Kraken Wakes

Author: John Wyndham

Published: Penguin Books, 2008 (first published 1953)

Pages: 238

Summary: It started with fireballs raining down from the sky and crashing into the oceans' deeps. Then ships began sinking mysteriously and later 'sea tanks' emerged from the deeps to claim people. This book narrates how humankind responds to the threat of its own extinction and, ultimately, asks what we are prepared to do in order to survive.  (Taken from Goodreads)

Thoughts: This is the third book of John Wyndham's that I have read and he is fast becoming one of my favourite authors.  I really loved The Kraken Wakes.

I think one thing that made this book seem extra scary to me is that it has to do with the deep ocean and I tend to find that quite scary in itself, so then with these mysterious goings on relating to the ocean, this book gets pretty creepy.

I really enjoy the quality of John WYndham's writing.  It's really easy to read but also really descriptive and keeps you turning pages.

In terms of the story line itself, I thought it was really good.  I like the way John Wyndham looks at how people react in different situations and in this case it's how people react to strange phenomenon around the ocean.  

Overall, The Kraken Wakes makes a great addition to my John Wyndham collection and at this point I feel the need to tell as many people as I can to check out John Wyndham's books.

1 comment:

  1. Hello Everyone,

    Below are the most recommended BITCOIN exchangers (BUY/SELL):
    Coinbase: $1 min. transaction
    CoinMama

    Get free bitcoins with the best Bitcoin faucet rotator:
    BEST Faucet Rotator

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always awesome!