Monday, March 9, 2015

The Secret Recipes by Dominique Ansel

Title: The Secret Recipes

Author: Dominique Ansel

Published: Murdoch Books, February 2010

Pages: 272

Summary: Dominique Ansel is the creator of the Cronut pastry, the croissant-doughnut hybrid that has taken the world by storm. But he's no one-hit wonder. Classically trained in Paris, leader of a three-Michelin-starred pastry kitchen in New York and now the proprietor of New York's highest-rated bakery, Dominique has become a modern-day Willy Wonka: the creator of wildly innovative, extraordinarily delicious and unbelievably popular desserts.  (Taken from Goodreads)

Thoughts: I was really interested in reading this book because I love food, and I love making food.  I have tried a version of the cronut and I was curious as to how to make it.

I quite liked reading this one as there are a few chapters that feature stories about how Dominique Ansel came up with the ideas of some of his creations.  There are also a tonne of pictures that look amazing.

The recipes are really easy to follow as well.  They're classed as beginner, intermediate and advanced recipes so if you need to, you can start at the beginner's stuff and work your way up to advanced.  There are also a lot of very clear instructions, so that you can know what you're doing each step of the way.

I enjoyed reading through The Secret Recipes and this is definitely one I will be adding to my collection of recipe books.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always awesome!