Friday, March 6, 2015

Prodigal Son by Danielle Steel

Title: Prodigal Son

Author: Danielle Steel

Published: 6 March 2015, Bantam Press

Pages: 318

Purchase:
Book Depository*

Summary: Twin boys grow up in the same family, in the same town. Dramatically different, they become bitter enemies, even as children: one good, one bad. One leaves his peaceful hometown, but when all else fails, the prodigal son returns, twenty years later, moving into his parents' lakeside cottage. But the reunion of the brothers, sweet and healing at first, exposes shattering revelations...  (Taken from Goodreads)

Thoughts: I had never read anything by Danielle Steel before and I was a little apprehensive about reading this one as a lot of the time when an author has a large number of books published there is generally a lower quality to the stories.  However, I found Prodigal Son to be a very enjoyable read.


Danielle Steel has this really nice style of writing.  It just flows on really nicely and I found myself flicking happily through the pages and really enjoying the story that Danielle Steel was weaving.


The story itself is pretty straight forward and the revelations just unravel and then the consequences of those things get explored.  I have to say that I really did find the book enjoyable but the subject matter is a little bit on the heavy side but I feel like this is a softer novel.


There were a couple of times where I wanted to yell at Peter because he was being so blind.  I think that was also kind of good because it matched with events in the book.  It's really hard to talk about some of the things because I don't want to give anything away.


I really enjoyed Prodigal Son, it was just such a nice story to read and not wanting to give anything away, as the story progressed further, it got so intense.  


Source: Penguin Random House for review

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always awesome!