Monday, March 16, 2015

AsapSCIENCE by Mitchell Moffit & Greg Brown

Title: AsapSCIENCE: Answers to the World's Weirdest Questions, Most Persistent Rumours & Unexplained Phenomena

Author: Mitchell Moffit, Greg Brown

Published: 17 March 2015, Scribner

Pages: 256

Purchase:
Book Depository*

Summary: From the creators of the wildly popular and seriously scientific YouTube channel, AsapSCIENCE, comes entertaining, irreverent, and totally accessible answers to the questions you never got to ask in science class.

Why do we get hung over? What would happen if you stopped sleeping? Is binge-watching TV actually bad for you? Why should I take a power nap?  (Taken from Goodreads)


Thoughts:  As a fan of the youtube channel I was excited to read the book and learn some new things.  Needless to say I was quite happy reading through the book and I did learn some very interesting facts.  I feel like it definitely had some interesting facts to relay to my friends.

The illustrations are really basic but they just add a lot to the text and make it all the more interesting.  The pictures were just so cool.  One of my favourites was a picture of a zombie because it just looked awesome.


One complaint, or just observation, I have is that some of the chapters were a little more comprehensive than others and I felt like it would have been nice to just have a little bit more of an explanation of things in some places.

I enjoyed reading AsapSCIENCE and I think it will make a good addition to my random collection of non-fiction books as it is entertaining and contains a lot of interesting information.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always awesome!