Monday, March 23, 2015

A Bone to Pick by Charlaine Harris

Title: A Bone to Pick

Author: Charlaine Harris

Published: Gollancz, 2012

Pages: 199

Series: Book 2, Aurora Teagarden

Summary: MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS Roe Teagarden's been kept pretty busy, what with two weddings - one of a former lover - and a funeral, for Jane Engle, a member of her disbanded true crime club Real Murders, but her personal life seems to be at a standstill . . . until the reading of Jane Engle's will. The elderly lady has named Roe as her heir, and left her a rather substantial estate. It includes her house - which comes complete with a skull hidden in a window-seat. Roe is quite sure Jane was no killer, so she must have left the skull there on purpose for Roe to solve the murder. So now it's up to Roe to identify the victim and figure out which one of Jane's seemingly ordinary neighbours is a murderer - without putting herself in deadly danger.  (Taken from Goodreads)

Thoughts: After really enjoying the first book in this series, I was looking forward to reading the next book in the series.  

The mystery aspect was quite interesting as it wasn't a typical mystery where the police are involved from step one and it's not so much of an investigation.  I felt like this time Roe, just found out information through random chats with people and she didn't really go out of her way to investigate.

I feel like at first I got a little mixed up between this series and another cosy mystery series I've been reading so what I really need to do is pick one of the series and finish reading that before I start reading the other.  Just because there were times where I thought that  something was the case but that it was actually a completely different series.  I do think that I will probably continue this series first because there are fewer books in this one which means I can finish it faster.

I couldn't guess the mystery because I wasn't really presented with enough information for me to really figure it out.

I also missed the Real Murders club because I thought that aspect of the first book made it seem really interesting.  It will be interesting to see if they bring that up in more detail in later books.

I quite enjoyed A Bone to Pick and I am already looking forward to reading the next book in the series because it looks just as interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always awesome!