Thursday, January 15, 2015

The Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkins

Title: The Girl on the Train

Author: Paula Hawkins

Published: Transworld, 15 January 2015

Pages: 384

Summary: Rachel takes the same commuter train every morning and every evening. Every day she passes the same Victorian terraces, stops at the same signal, and sees the same couple, breakfasting on their roof terrace. Jason and Jess seem so happy together. 

Then one day Rachel sees something she shouldn't have seen, and soon after, Jess disappears. Suddenly Rachel is chasing the truth and unable to trust anyone. Not even herself.  (Taken from Goodreads)

Thoughts: I got this book in the mail and I was pretty surprised and intrigued.  I sat down and started reading it straight away.  The Girl on the Train is really intriguing and I couldn't stop reading for about 100 pages.

I found the mystery to be really intriguing and I found myself guessing along the way about who did what and why.  I managed to guess what had happened in the end but the whole story itself is really mysterious and I was suspicious of everyone.  I felt like Paula Hawkins did an amazing job at weaving a story where you really don't know what's going on.

I feel like I can't say too much about this book because I really like how the description only alludes to the fact that Rachel sees something and from there the book takes off.

As far as characters go, I thought that they were all really believable because they were all so flawed.  I really felt bad for Rachel because her life was a mess and then all of the other characters had things going on and they weren't perfect people either.  It was just really good and it also made me suspicious of a lot of the characters.

Overall, I really enjoyed The Girl on the Train and think that thriller fans will definitely enjoy it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always awesome!