Thursday, September 4, 2014

Until You're Mine by Samantha Hayes

Title: Until You're Mine

Author: Samantha Hayes

Published: Century, 2013

Pages: 400

Series: Book 1, DI Lorraine Fisher

Summary: Claudia seems to have the perfect life.

She's heavily pregnant with a much-wanted baby, she has a loving husband, and a beautiful home.

And then Zoe steps into her life. Zoe has come to help Claudia when her baby arrives.

But there's something about Zoe that Claudia doesn't like. Or trust.
And when she finds Zoe in her bedroom, Claudia's anxiety turns to real fear...  (Taken from Goodreads)

Thoughts: I knew it!  Well, at least I knew some of it.  There are a few twists and turns in this book and I have to say that I had gone into this book not entirely sure if I would love it or hate it.  Usually before I read a book I discover on Goodreads I have a look at the ratings and reviews of others.  Until You’re Mine didn’t have the most amazing rating but I wanted to read the next book featuring DI Lorraine Fisher.  Anyway, I wasn’t expecting too much from this one so I found myself pleasantly surprised.

At first I found the story to be a little slow as it set the scene and introduced the characters.  However, once all that is established the story starts to pick up and the mystery starts.  I actually think there are a couple of mysteries.  Some of them are small things but they add to the story as a whole and paint an intricate picture in the end.

The entire time I was reading this book I was guessing at what the truth was and what was really going on.  Some of the characters seemed a certain way and towards the end I had sort of guessed about some of the things and well when the big reveal happened I was kind of excited that I had actually managed to guess part of it.  The rest was a pretty big surprise.

I won’t give anything away but the ending of this book is pretty crazy.  I thought it was really interesting and let’s just say that the final line of the book had me thinking about it for a long time.
So would I recommend this book?  Yes, I would to those who enjoy suspenseful thrillers.  I thought this was a pretty good mystery and suspense thriller so I look forward to reading the next book in the series.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always awesome!