Sunday, September 7, 2014

Scorpia Rising by Anthony Horowitz

Title: Scorpia Rising

Author: Anthony Horowitz

Published: Walker Books, 2011

Pages: 431

Series: Book 9, Alex Rider

Summary: This gripping final mission brings together Alex Rider’s old enemies to frame the teenage superspy in an unstoppable plot of revenge, from which he can never return. Pursued from Europe to North Africa and Cairo’s city of the dead – this is the twistiest and most deadly plot of any Alex Rider mission yet, and will reveal Smithers’ ultimate gadget and see the shock death of a major character.  (Taken from Goodreads)

Thoughts: The final book in the Alex Rider series, well the final one all about Alex anyway, and I can finally say that I have read it.  I’ve been reading this series since 2004, which is a really long time.  From the first book I was hooked.  Unfortunately as my tbr pile expanded the last two books in the series were left on the shelf to gather dust.  Now that I am finally tackling that ridiculously large pile I managed to read the rest of the Alex Rider series.

I have to say, not wanting to give any spoilers, that I am really glad this one bought some things back from a previous book in the series.  Not to mention there are so many surprises in this book.  Holy bananas, just some of the things that happened are so unexpected that I was so surprised.

It’s slightly different to the previous books in the series as it doesn’t follow the same kind of formulaic writing style as the others.  The first quarter of the book is all about Scorpia and their plans.  You’re not given all of the details so when it gets to Alex’s part in the book you start to learn more of the details relating to Scorpia’s plans.

The book ended in an interesting yet satisfying way.  I don’t want to give too much away but I just want to say that Alex has a hard life and I really hope, that with the way things ended things will be a lot better for him in the future.

Scorpia Rising was a great addition to the Alex Rider series and I look forward to reading Russian Roulette, the final book in the series as a whole which features Yassen as the protagonist.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always awesome!