Saturday, September 6, 2014

NSFW Book Tag

This is a book tag that I actually saw on the booktubes which was created by Katie at Chapter Stackss and Luke at Luke Lane Reads.  I decided it looked really fun and figured I could just as easily write it up as a blog post with pictures so here it is.

1. What is the LAST book you would want your parents to walk in on you reading?
I would have to say for this one it would be Fifty Shades of Grey by E.L. James.  



Why?  Well, I have absolutely no interest in reading the book but also, my mum got given this book by a friend of hers to read and I just made fun of her for having the book because it is seriously not something my mum would ever be interested in reading.  So if I was reading Fifty Shades of Grey and my mum walked in on me, I'm pretty sure she would have a good laugh at me about it.

2. It's storming outside, and you're home alone for the night.  What book would only make matters worse?
This is an easy one for me.  That would definitely be And Then There Were None by Agatha Christie.


This book made me so nervous and scared the crap out of me when I read it late one night, and I wasn't even home alone.  It's not a horror novel, but it really is terrifying.

3. Have you ever read a book simply because of the controversy surrounding it?
Hmmm, this is a hard one for me.  I would have to go with Killing Mr Griffin by Lois Duncan.


Basically, this is one of the books that is on the banned and challenged list for schools and that is why I wanted to read it.  Yeah, nothing super controversial but that's basically the only one I could think of that had some form of controversy.

4. What is the most cringe-inducing romance or sex scene you have ever read?
In all honesty I would probably go with a scene from The Return by Melissa Douthit.


I choose this scene because it's really hard to tell if it's a sex scene or if it's some kind of weird romantic scene.  I believe that it actually is a sex scene but it was just so weirdly written that I was kind of confused by it.  Yeah, it was just weird.  In fact, I managed to find it, don't worry it isn't very graphic at all.
"His kisses became faster and more insistent until she was completely wrapped in his warmth, overwhelmed by his silent power and the strong beat of his heart.  Savoring his touch and breathing in his musky scent, she swelled inside.  She felt like a boiling cauldron of raw emotion and knew that if she let go, all of her passions would erupt out of her in a furious storm. 

And still he kept on, relentlessly forcing, pushing, pulling, tearing her apart, striking something deep within her, as if he knew exactly what he was doing, as if he knew exactly what she needed.  It was the terrifying, yet ecstatic feeling of becoming undone and losing herself to him.  The more he pressed her, the deeper she fell and in that moment of mindless dissolution, the last thing she remembered was her towel slowly slipping from her body and the feel of his warm hands caressing her bare skin, promising to hold her forever and never let her go."  Excerpt taken from The Return by Melissa Douthit.

5. What book has made you question the authors sanity?
I have just one book for this.  Snuff by Chuck Palahniuk.


For starters. the idea for this book is a little odd.  However, the ending of this book is just like, wow, what the hell were you thinking and how on earth did he come up with this stuff.  I have to add that this is how Chuck Palahniuk makes me feel about most of the books I have read by him.  However, Snuff is just the most odd.

6. Have you ever put down a book and not finished it because the content was too much for you?
For this one I would have to say no, however, there was one book that I very nearly gave up on.  I did finish it though.  That was Beautiful Malice by Rebecca James.


The content wasn't too much in that it was too graphic or anything like that.  The reason that I hated the content was because it was just so unrealistic and it was just so ridiculous.  It was a long time ago that I read this book but I have so many bad memories about this book.  Every time I think about it I give a little involuntary shiver.

7. What fictional character do you have the most NSFW thoughts about?
In all honesty I don't tend to have NSFW thoughts about book characters but I think if I had to choose someone, it would totally be Bones from the Night Huntress series by Jeaniene Frost.

I feel like I don't need to really offer up an explanation.  If you've read the series you'll understand.

8. Show us your most NSFW book cover (or drawing/photo inside a book).
One word.  Wallbanger.

It isn't the worst cover out there, but it's suggestive enough that I read this one at home.

9. Have you ever read something from the erotica/romance genre, and what did you think?
Well, Wallbanger by Alice Clayton is a romance book and I really loved that.  As for erotica novels, I have actually read the Taskill Witches trilogy by Saskia Walker.

I really enjoyed them for what they were.  The stories are set in Scotland and they're just really fun reads.

10. You stumble across a portkey.  What fictional world would you NOT want to be transported into?
This is an interesting question, there are so many that I'd love to visit but haven't really thought about where I would not have wanted to go.  So I would choose the society in Nineteen Eighty-Four by George Orwell.

I feel like as soon as I got there I would just be killed immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always awesome!