Tuesday, September 16, 2014

My Mystery Recommendations

The other day I did a post recommending to you some high fantasy novels which I thoroughly enjoyed.  Now I feel like it would be a good idea to recommend some mystery novels. Mystery is another one of my favourite genres and so I thought I would give you a little list of some mysteries I have thoroughly enjoyed.



I feel like this is one of the best places to start if you're looking for a straight up mystery.  It is just so amazing.  I stayed up way too late to finish this one, one night.  This is an older book and if you're looking for an updated YA version, I would suggest Ten by Gretchen McNeil which is based on this book.




This mystery is easy to fly through and it has a paranormal aspect to it too!  This is Kim Harrington's debut novel and the beginning of my love of her books.  Clarity is my favourite of her books but if you're looking for a mystery novel, really try any of her books.



This one is a good mystery and more of a forensic mystery.  It talks a lot about the science of forensic anthropology which is really fascinating.



This one is another scientific mystery but from the perspective of a forensic pathologist.  This is really good as well.  Although, it was written in 1990 so if you don't like books that are dated, you might want to avoid this one as it refers to cutting edge technology of the very late 80's and beginning of the 90's.



 Nancy Drew is just so much fun.  The original ones were written in the 30's and you can really tell, but honestly, I just feel like the series is so much fun and they are really fast reads that anyone who loves mysteries should definitely read Nancy Drew.

So those are some of my recommendations.  What are some of your favourite mystery novels?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always awesome!