Friday, September 19, 2014

It’s Not You, It’s Me Part Two

Quite a while ago I wrote a post in which I essentially broke up with some books as I had decided that I just didn’t need to finish the series.  Since then I have gone and purged my shelves of some more series that I’m just not feeling any more and don’t think I ever will.

The Dark Divine by Bree Despain



I read the first book when it first came out and while I enjoyed it, I felt like the ending was good enough for me.  I do have the second book and it has sat on my shelf for a long time.  I have finally made my mind up that I really don’t want to read the second book because it undoes what happened in the first book and adds an extra layer that I don’t want.  I am happy with the way The Dark Divine ended so I don’t feel the need to carry on.

The Luxe by Anna Godbersen



I really enjoyed the first book and I finally got around to reading the second book a couple of months ago.  However, it was just an ok read for me and so I read up on what happens in the next two book and I’m happy to let this series go.  I don’t own the other two books and I just can’t justify buying and reading more books that will just be alright.

Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead



I read the first two books in the series and enjoyed them but my sister spoiled the rest for me and well, for the size of the last few books, I feel as though they really aren’t worth reading and I’ve also gone off YA a little so this is one series I don’t care to finish.

Covenant by Jennifer L. Armentrout



I read the first book Half-Blood and enjoyed it.  However, the rest of the series has been sitting on my shelf for too long and when I think about it, I just don’t feel like reading this series anymore.


Kay Scarpetta by Patricia Cornwell



This series just got worse and worse over time.  After 20 books I have decided that it is time to move on.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always awesome!