Saturday, September 20, 2014

I'm slumping

Last month I had an amazing reading month.  I managed to read a total of 16 books, I still don't know how I managed that.  However, this month, I have read a total of 5 books so far and they have taken me a really long time to read.

Every time that I finish a book it takes me a day or two to figure out what book I'm going to read next.  I just finished Gone Girl and I don't really know what book I feel like reading next.  I'm doing the September is for Sequels challenge this month so I know that I need to read some more sequels.  I believe in order to win the challenge I need to read one more sequel.  That being said, it would be nice if I could read more than that.

I'm not entirely sure why I'm in a reading slump at the moment.  I want to read more books, but every time I look at my books I just don't know which one I want to read. 

The books I have been reading this month have been alright.  One of the books was awesome, but the others have just been alright.  I need to find something really amazing that will suck me into the story.

Basically, at the moment I think that all I can do is keep reading little bits of books here and there and hope that one will get me into the story.  One thing I like to do is pick a pile of books I'm thinking about reading and I read the first page to see what I think.  Usually, if I find a book that I'm really interested in then I will just keep reading past the first page.

How do you get yourself out of a reading slump?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always awesome!