Monday, September 15, 2014

Deadly Decisions by Kathy Reichs

Title: Deadly Decisions

Author: Kathy Reichs

Published: Arrow Books, 2012

Pages: 416

Series: Book 3, Temperance Brennan

Summary: A nine-year-old girl is killed in crossfire on her way to ballet class. Soon afterwards, the body of a teenager killed in North Carolina is found hundreds of miles away.
Forensic anthropologist Dr Temperance Brennan knows she must stay professional, but when the young girl's body is wheeled into the morgue she cannot help but react.
And when an exhumation reveals the bones of yet another innocent in a hidden grave close to a biker gang headquarters, Tempe begins a lone and risky investigation into the lawless underworld of organised crime.  (Taken from Goodreads)

Thoughts: After reading the first two books in the series I have been finding myself really excited about reading more of the books.  Needless to say, I actually started this one right after I finished the second one.  This book is about biker gangs and it wasn’t the kind of topic that I find to be really fascinating so I found this story a little less exciting.

I feel like this one seems to follow the same formula as the first two books in the series.  If I hadn’t read any other books later in the series at this point I would feel that all of the books were going to follow this same pattern which in all honesty, is not the best pattern.  In the first book it was fine, now at book three, I’m getting a little tired of it.

There were a couple of events in the book that were a little surprising and they were talked about in the beginning and then later on in the last few chapters of the book.  I kind of clicked and realised what was up after a confrontation.  There was one thing that was never addressed though which I found to be really confusing as I’ve read the next book in the series and for that character things are back to normal so I find that a bit odd.

I thought this book was enjoyable, it just wasn’t as exciting a read as I was hoping for.  I think that the books are too similar and I had been reading them too close together.  I’m hoping the next book will be better but I’m also going to leave a longer period of time before I pick up the next one in the series.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always awesome!