Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Blood Storm by Rhiannon Hart

Title: Blood Storm

Author: Rhiannon Hart

Published: Random House Australia, 2012

Pages: 364

Series: Book 2, Lharmell

Summary: Zeraphina and Rodden must travel across the sea to find the elusive ingredients that will help them to win the coming battle against the Lharmellin – but shadows from Rodden’s dark past may come back to haunt him. And while she learns to harness her new abilities, Zeraphina still fights the hunger that makes her crave the north – not to mention avoiding her mother, who wants to see her wayward daughter married to a prince at all costs.  (Taken from Goodreads)

Thoughts: It has been such a long time since I read the first book, Blood Song, but I remember that I absolutely loved it to pieces so I figured it was time that I actually read the next book.  I figured that this one might be as good as the first one and might even get me out of my reading slump.

Blood Storm is really easy to read as the writing just flows along and I managed to sit down and finish this one on a Saturday when I had the house to myself.  I have to say though, it did take me a little while to get through the first few pages but once I did the story picked up and I found myself breezing along.

There were quite a few interesting things that happened in this book.  There were some points where I thought that Zeraphina and Rodden were going to meet their ends.  There was also a part where Zeraphina was back home for a while and wow things took an interesting turn there.

I feel like there isn’t too much to say about this book other than the writing is good, the story is really interesting and I really enjoyed it.  The book ended on a sort of cliffhanger and I have to say I’m glad that I read the book closer to when the third book comes out as I am very interested as to how the series will end.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always awesome!