Monday, September 1, 2014

August Wrap-Up Part One

August was a very interesting month in terms of reading for me.  Interestingly enough, I managed to read a total of 17 books.  I'm quite happy with this number and I seriously doubt I will manage to read that much in September.  That being said, while I read 17 books this month, my tbr pile was reduced by 0.  I bought a total of 17 books this month as well.  Anyway, I wanted to do something a little different with my August wrap-ups as I don't intend to review all of these books. So the ones I'm not planning on reviewing in length I'll just be writing up my thoughts on these books.  The ones I am planning to review or have reviewed already, I will link up.  To make this post more bearable I shall post the remaining 8 books in another post.



The second book in the Stormlight archives, I freaking loved this book.  It was just as good as the first one and I am really looking forward to the next book in the series.



Review can be found here.



Review can be found here.



Review of this one to come soon.



I enjoyed this one but it wasn't what I was expecting so I was a little bit disappointed by it, but still an interesting enough read.



This was a neat little book with some rules about eating properly.  I thought it was pretty good and I learned a thing or two about food.



I was really looking forward to reading The Merciless as I had heard so much about it.  To be honest I found it to be a little slow and not as scary as I was hoping.  I enjoyed it for what it was but I was a little disappointed that it wasn't as amazing as the hype made it seem to be.



The final book in the Alex Rider series, this one was about Yassen the assassin.  It was an interesting read and I liked finding out about how Yassen became the assassin that he was.  I did find it to be a little dry in places too though.



Review Posted Here.

I'll be posting up the rest of the books in another post as I don't want to make a ridiculously large post.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always awesome!