Wednesday, September 17, 2014

A-Z Bookish Survey 2014

I was scrolling back through some of my old posts and happened upon an A-Z Bookish survey which I did last year. The post was created by Jamie at The Perpetual Page Turner.  I thought it would be fun to do one for this year.  You can check out last years survey here.


Author you’ve read the most books from:

According to Goodreads this would be R. L. Stine.

Best Sequel Ever:

This is such a hard one.  Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (it's my favourite)

Currently Reading:

Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn (in time for the movie), Dirty Daddy by Bob Saget and The Thing on the Doorstep and other Weird Stories by H. P. Lovecraft.

Drink of Choice While Reading:

Coca-Cola

E-reader or Physical Book?

I just love physical books so much.

Fictional Character You Probably Would Have Actually Dated In High School:

This is such a hard one.  I would say Neville Longbottom.

Glad You Gave This Book A Chance:

Elantris by Brandon Sanderson

Hidden Gem Book:

Vicious by V. E. Schwab

Important Moment in your Reading Life:

Getting rid of a number goal to aim for at the end of the year.  This has made me feel less pressure about reading and I'm reading books for quality and not quantity.

Just Finished:

Deadly Decisions by Kathy Reichs

Kinds of Books You Won’t Read:

Historical and Contemporary fiction are both genres I tend to avoid a lot because the books don't excite me so much.  I do read the occasional contemporary novel though.

Longest Book You’ve Read:

Words of Radiance by Brandon Sanderson (1088 pages)

Major book hangover because of:

I Don't Want to Kill You by Dan Wells

Number of Bookcases You Own:

2.  The rest of my books are in storage at the moment until I move to a place where my books can be free and I can get some more shelves.

One Book You Have Read Multiple Times:

Howl's Moving Castle by Diana Wynne Jones

Preferred Place To Read:

On my bean bag and also in my bed.

Quote that inspires you/gives you all the feels from a book you’ve read:

“Everyone’s had shit in their lives. Some people have it worse than others. But no one can turn you into a bad person, just like no one can turn you into a good one. We’re all dealt our hands in life, and how we choose to react is entirely up to us. That’s free will.” 
― Kelley YorkHushed

Reading Regret:

I regret reading Beautiful Malice by Rebecca James just because I really didn't enjoy that book at all.

Series You Started And Need To Finish(all books are out in series):

The Lying Game series by Sara Shepard, I read the first one and loved it, then I bought the next three and there are two more after that.

Three of your All-Time Favorite Books:

Graceling by Kristin Cashore, Steelheart by Brandon Sanderson, Alanna: The First Adventure by Tamora Pierce

Unapologetic Fangirl For:

Brandon Sanderson, his books are so freaking amazing!

Very Excited For This Release More Than All The Others:

Firefight by Brandon Sanderson!

Worst Bookish Habit:

Probably starting book series and buying the rest of them but I still haven't got around to reading them.

X Marks The Spot: Start at the top left of your shelf and pick the 27th book:

The Vision by Heather Graham

Your latest book purchase:

The Day of The Triffids by John Wyndham (I just had to have this book)

ZZZ-snatcher book (last book that kept you up WAY late):

The Rithmatist by Branson Sanderson (it was so good!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always awesome!