Friday, August 22, 2014

September is for Sequels Challenge



As this year I am trying to focus on reducing my tbr pile I thought it would be a great idea to take part in the September is for Sequels challenge hosted by Lisa at Lisa Loves Literature.  The goal of the challenge is to read a minimum of 4 sequels which I think is a really fair amount.  I know that I for one, am pretty bad at reading the first book in a series and then getting the sequels but leaving them on my shelf for a long time.

I'm not entirely sure how many books I want to read for the challenge but I'm basically just going to try to read as many of the sequels on my shelf as I can.  Here is a list of the books that I would like to get through in September for the challenge.
1. Passing Strange by Daniel Waters (#3 Generation Dead)
2. Death Du Jour by Kathy Reichs (#2 Temperance Brennan)
3. Blood Rites by Jim Butcher (#6 Dresden Files)
4. Scent of Magic by Maria V. Snyder (#2 Healer)
5. Taste of Darkness by Maria V. Snyder (#3 Healer)
6. Magic Bleeds by Ilona Andrews (#4 Kate Daniels)
7. Bitterblue by Kristin Cashore (#3 Seven Kingdoms)

That's my preliminary list, I'm hoping I'll get some more sequels read in September but I'd be happy with those 7.
If this sounds like an awesome challenge then head over to Lisa's blog to sign up!

1 comment:

  1. I have got to read on in the Daniel Waters series some time too! I want to start the Jim Butcher series too, but won't start that during this challenge. So glad to have you participating, and good luck!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always awesome!