Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Forget Me by K. A. Harrington

Title: Forget Me

Author: K. A. Harrington

Published: 7 August 2014, Putnam Juvenile

Pages: 288

Summary: On the three-month anniversary of her boyfriend Flynn’s death, Morgan uploads her only photo of him to FriendShare to get some closure—but she’s shocked when the facial recognition software suggests she tag him as "Evan Murphy." She’s never heard of Evan, but a quick search tells her that he lives in a nearby town and looks exactly like Flynn. Only this boy is very much alive.

Digging through layers of secrets and lies, Morgan is left questioning everything she thought she knew about her boyfriend, her town, and even her parents' involvement in this massive web of lies.  (Taken from Goodreads)

Thoughts: I have absolutely loved everything that Kim Harrington has written and so she makes it onto my very small list of authors whose books I buy immediately.  I will admit that I was a little apprehensive about this one being a contemporary mystery and not the usual paranormal mystery that Harrington usually writes but it’s still a mystery so I knew it had to be good.

The first thing I want to say is about the cover.  I actually thought it was a boat on water and the colour scheme just really adds to that impression.  It wasn’t until I had the book in my hand that I noticed it was actually a merry-go-round and that makes a lot more sense.

All of Harrington’s books can be read in a sitting as they are so addictive and the writing just flows so nicely.  I found it really easy to fly through Forget Me as it was so good.  From the first chapter the book kept getting more and more mysterious.

For the most part I had this one figured out, I wasn’t 100% sure of what was going on but when the reveal came it was just a confirmation of what I had thought might be the case, which I thought was awesome.

Forget Me was a really enjoyable read and I look forward to seeing what Kim Harrington will bring out next.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always awesome!