Monday, August 11, 2014

Crocodile Tears by Anthony Horowitz

Title: Crocodile Tears

Author: Anthony Horowitz

Published: Walker Books, 2009

Pages: 404

Series: Book 8, Alex Rider

Summary: Targeted by a hitman and under threat of his past being exposed by the media, Alex reluctantly turns to MI6. But their help doesn't come cheap: they need Alex to spy on the activities at a GM crop plant. There he spots Desmond Cain, a high profile charity organiser, who realises that Alex is on to him and the real plans for the money he's raising. Kidnapped and whisked off to Africa, Alex learns the full horror of Cain's plot: to create an epic disaster that will kill millions. Getting word to MI6 only makes matters worse. Now, before even facing the real enemy, Alex must also stop his own side before they unwittingly trigger the death of a whole nation.  (Taken from Goodreads)

Thoughts: I’m finally making my way through the books in my tbr pile and this is one that I have had for a very long time.  I got this book in 2009 when it was first published.  Before that I had read the 7th book in the series back in 2007.  So it has been roughly 7 years since I read an Alex Rider book.  It’s no wonder that as time went on I found myself ignoring this book.  It also didn’t help that my to read pile was getting increasingly large and Crocodile Tears was finding itself getting buried further and further down the pile.

I had originally intended to re-read the Alex Rider series before I read Crocodile Tears because I had left it so long but I had that plan about 3 years ago when the 9th book was released and which I also own.  However, at the moment my priority is to read through a bunch of the books that I haven’t actually read.  So now with the release of the 10th book which is actually a companion and the finisher for the series, I have finally picked up Crocodile Tears.

The book started off a little slowly, which was completely fine by me as it lead me slowly back into the series and remembering all of the characters and the history of what Alex had been through.  It was a nice way to get back into the series I felt.

Once the action got going all I could do was keep reading.  Over and over in my head I kept thinking things such as, man why did I not read this book sooner or I can remember why I loved this series so much now.  Alex Rider is freaking amazing and Crocodile Tears is so cool.  I just loved how engaging the story is and how Alex always gets himself into danger but then most of the time he can get out of them.

One thing I have to say about this book that I really enjoyed was that it has plants!  That sounds a little odd, but I do like plants and this one had genetically engineered plants.  I don’t want to say much about it but it was very interesting and I really liked reading about the plants.

I have to say that there wasn’t actually anything that I didn’t like about this book.  I went into the book hoping for another action-packed and suspenseful Alex Rider novel which is exactly what I got.

So will I be reading the next book in the series?  Definitely!  I freaking loved Crocodile Tears and I am very curious to see how the next book will go, particularly as it’s meant to be Alex’s final book.

1 comment:

  1. Did you know that you can shorten your long links with Shortest and get money for every click on your short links.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always awesome!