Friday, April 18, 2014

Still Waters by Emma Carlson Berne

Title: Still Waters

Author: Emma Carlson Berne

Published: Simon Pulse, 2011

Pages: 212

Summary: Hannah can't wait to sneak off for a romantic weekend with her boyfriend, Colin. He's leaving for college soon, and Hannah wants their trip to the lake house to be one they'll never forget.
But once Hannah and Colin get there, things start to seem a bit...off. They can't find the town on any map. The house they are staying in looks as if someone's been living there, even though it's been deserted for years. And Colin doesn't seem quite himself. As he grows more unstable, Hannah worries about Colin's dark side, and her own safety.
Nothing is as perfect as it seems, and what lies beneath may haunt her forever.  (Taken from Goodreads)

Thoughts: Still Waters is an interesting book.  I liked the premise and how creepy it could be but at the same time I felt like the book kind of swept over so many details and lost its feeling of suspense.

The main time that I was reading Still Waters was on a grey day and I was sitting in my car in a car park by myself.  When I got to the creepy parts I started to get a little creeped out and I also found it a little hard to put down because I just had to know what would happen next.

I have to say the ending of this book was a little odd.  Just the reactions of some people were not what I would have thought would have happened and so I found it hard to suspend my disbelief at this point.

I don't have too much more to say about Still Waters other than that it is a quick, light mystery which I thought made for a good grey afternoon read.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always awesome!