Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Series I thought I had finished but have had books added to them later on

Finishing a book series is always a happy and sad process.

On the one hand you have made it through however many books there are in the series, sometimes there can be only 3 books in a series and other times there can be around 20.  Either way, it always feels like a nice achievement finishing the series.

On the other hand you feel sad because it’s the end of something and well, endings tend to be sad no matter what.

Here are some series that I thought I had finished but have discovered that the series just wasn’t over yet.

The Last Survivors series by Susan Beth Pfeffer.  I really thought this was a trilogy but I have just recently discovered that there is a fourth book in the series.



The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy series.  This one was over and then Eoin Colfer was hired to finish the series based on notes left by Douglas Adams.  I haven’t read it yet but I may pick it up eventually.



Violet Wings by Victoria Hanley was a standalone novel until they released the sequel three years later.  This is good because there were a couple of loose ends left in the book that I really hope get tied up in the second book.



Tantalize by Cynthia Leitich Smith, I really thought this series was finished after book 3, Blessed but nope, there is a fourth book, Diabolical.



Alex Rider – Anthony Horowitz stated that he wouldn’t write any more books after Scorpia Rising, he did say that he was thinking of writing a book about Yassen but that was years ago so I figured it would just never happen.  Now I have made the discovery that indeed there is a “final” book in the Alex Rider series and that it is the book about Yassen.



 So are there any series that you thought were over but were surprised to see another book?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always awesome!