Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Happy New Year

It is a new year and I figured that it would be a good time to restart the blog as a regular thing.  I have been trying to revamp things a little and several times last year I would start blogging again only to fall behind in my schedule and things like that.

That being said, I am now finished university for at least the near future and aim to spend more time reading and reviewing books.  My goal for this year is to work on reducing my tbr pile because at the moment it consists of a total of 315 books.  If I could half that by the end of the year then I would be incredibly happy so my goal at the moment is 160 books and I am very much hoping to achieve that.  I will of course be updating that if I add more books to my tbr pile and such so I will be doing little monthly updates at the beginning of each month to talk about how I'm doing and things like that as a way to keep me motivated and hopefully on track with things.  One thing I like to do is set a monthly goal and so my monthly goal for each month is 14 books roughly.

Anyway, expect a lot more from me now that I am back and I hope that everyone else has a great reading year.  One of the things I am planning on doing each month is a monthly wrap-up sort of thing and so I figured what better way to start off the year than by doing a December wrap-up.

Books read in December:
Black Notice by Patricia Cornwell
Asylum by Madeleine Roux
Steelheart by Brandon Sanderson
The Last Precinct by Patricia Cornwell
The Beautiful and the Damned by Jessica Verday
The Libertine by Saskia Walker
Operative by Kate Kaynak
Demonically Tempted by Stacey Kennedy
The Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss
Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone by J. K. Rowling
So I'm happy with my progress for the month.  I'm hoping that I will read about 14 books in January although, if I could read a lot more than I would be even more happy.  There aren't any specific books that I'm hoping to read this month as I'm basically just going to read whatever takes my fancy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always awesome!