Monday, December 2, 2013

The Last Straw by Jeff Kinney

Title: The Last Straw

Author: Jeff Kinney

Published: Harry N. Abrams, 2009

Series: Book 3, Diary of a Wimpy Kid

Pages: 218

Summary: Let’s face it: Greg Heffley will never change his wimpy ways. Somebody just needs to explain that to Greg’s father. You see, Frank Heffley actually thinks he can get his son to toughen up, and he enlists Greg in organized sports and other "manly” endeavors. Of course, Greg is able to easily sidestep his father’s efforts to change him. But when Greg’s dad threatens to send him to military academy, Greg realizes he has to shape up . . . or get shipped out.  (Taken from Goodreads)

Thoughts: I’m really loving the Diary of a Wimpy Kid series.  They’re so hilarious and make me laugh so much.  The Last Straw has a few parts that are in the second diary of a wimpy kid film but there are also additional parts that are oftentimes even funnier than the ones that made it into the movie.

There was one particular part that referred to Shel Silverstein’s books that had me in stitches for at least five minutes, it was so hilarious.  I had to share it with anyone around me because it was so funny.

The bit where Greg started wearing his mum’s bath robe around the house was pretty hilarious too.  There are just so many funny parts in this book.

Overall, I really loved The Last Straw, it was so hilarious and I feel like it’s my favourite book in the series.  If you haven’t started reading the Diary of a Wimpy Kid series yet, I suggest you start soon.

Source: Purchased

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always awesome!