Monday, December 16, 2013

Steelheart by Brandon Sanderson

Title: Steelheart

Author: Brandon Sanderson

Published: Orion Books, September 2013

Pages: 386

Series: Book 1, Reckoners

Summary: Ten years ago, Calamity came. It was a burst in the sky that gave ordinary men and women extraordinary powers. The awed public started calling them Epics. But Epics are no friend of man. With incredible gifts came the desire to rule. And to rule man you must crush his wills.

Nobody fights the Epics...nobody but the Reckoners. A shadowy group of ordinary humans, they spend their lives studying Epics, finding their weaknesses, and then assassinating them.

And David wants in. He wants Steelheart - the Epic who is said to be invincible. The Epic who killed David's father. For years, like the Reckoners, David's been studying, and planning - and he has something they need. Not an object, but an experience.
He's seen Steelheart bleed. And he wants revenge.  (Taken from Goodreads)

Thoughts:  I had heard so many good things about Brandon Sanderson that when I saw his new book Steelheart I figured it sounded interesting and so I picked it up to give it a go.  When I sat down to read the first page just to get a feel for the book I ended up reading for 50 pages before finally putting it down for a minute.

Needless to say, I absolutely loved Steelheart, it was so good.  Each chapter ended in such a way that I just had to know what happened next and so I would keep reading it.  I managed to get through the book in no time because it is really addictive.

The world-building and the way that the Epics work is so fascinating that I just had to know more.

There were a few big reveals at the end and some of them I had guessed at but others I was completely astounded by.  They have definitely given me more to think about and make me want the next book right away.

I can definitely see why so many people enjoy Brandon Sanderson's writing, he has such a fantastic way with words and weaves a story that leaves you hanging on page by page just dying to know what happens next.  I feel like Steelheart is one of those books that everyone needs to read because it is amazing.  I wish I could read the next one right now.

Source: Purchased

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always awesome!