Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Black Notice by Patricia Cornwell

Title: Black Notice

Author: Patricia Cornwell

Published: Sphere, 2010

Pages: 464

Series: Book 10, Kay Scarpetta

Summary: MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS A foreign ship arrives in Richmond, Virginia, among its cargo an unidentified body...

While Lucy Farinelli goes undercover in Miami to bring down a notorious criminal cartel, Dr Kay Scarpetta and Pete Marino discover a body in a cargo ship recently arrived from Belgium at Virginia's Deep Water Terminal in Richmond. Initially is seems as though it may be the decomposed remains of a stowaway, but Scarpetta's post mortem reveals neither a cause of death nor an identification. So the victim's personal effects and an odd tattoo take Scarpetta on a hunt for information that eventually leads her and Marino to Interpol's headquarters in Lyon.
At first the highly confidential information they receive seems incredible, a bizarre trail of conspiracy and deceit, but inexorably the facts reveal a web of privileged and criminal arrogance which puts Dr Kay Scarpetta directly in harm's way, and places her and those she holds most dear at mortal risk.  (Taken from Goodreads)

Thoughts: This is the tenth book in the Kay Scarpetta series and I have to say that seeing a new killer had me quite interested as I was starting to get sick of the same serial killers being dragged out over a whole bunch of books.

I feel as though the further I get into this series the more I miss the first few books.  Postmortem was such a good book and I hope that some of the later books are just as good.  The beginning of Black Notice made me feel like this but I have to say once the story progressed I did find myself to be really enjoying it.

The ending of this book was quite abrupt and I was really surprised by it because it just stopped at a really interesting part.  It actually made me want to pick up the next book in the series straight away though.

There’s not a lot more that I want to say about Black Notice, other than it’s an awesome book and I am very interested in reading the next book in the series, The Last Precinct.

Source: Purchased

1 comment:

  1. At present time, It is a noble and significant website. It is a very beneficial website for us. So, I like it very much. Many many thanks for make this website. If you want more informastion about skin doctor birmingham to visit skin doctor birmingham Associated Dermatologists continuously strives to give our patients the best possible medical care. We specialize in medical, surgical, and cosmetic dermatology with a focus on skin cancer treatment and prevention. When you come and visit us at our new location at 1401 Edwards Lake Rd., you will be surrounded by a staff that cares about you. You can make an appointment by calling us at 205-853-3960.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always awesome!