Monday, November 18, 2013

The Call of the Wild by Jack London

Title: Call of the Wild

Author: Jack London

Published: Scholastic, 2001 (first published 1900)

Pages: 172

Summary: Buck is a dog born to luxury, but his life changes dramatically when he is sold to be a sled dog in the Yukon Terrority. (Taken from Goodreads)

Thoughts: The Call of the Wild isn’t the sort of book that I would normally read; for starters, I don’t tend to enjoy reading books which feature animals as a protagonist.  That being said, I did quite enjoy The Call of the Wild.

The Call of the Wild is extremely well written and the language is clear and picturesque.  I found it quite easy to read through the pages and enjoy every sentence put down on the page.

The story is an adventure story and I usually love high fantasy adventure stories but I really enjoyed this one.  I think the fact that it was from a dogs point of view added something unique so I found it to be a really enjoyable element.

Overall, I quite enjoyed The Call of the Wild.  It was something different from what I normally read and it made a nice change of pace.

Source: AudiobookSync

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved The Call of the Wild. I read it when I was quite young. I liked all the London books I read, though I didn't read many. His language was to easy to access and his ability to covey a scene was far better than most.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always awesome!