Monday, October 28, 2013

The Return by Melissa Douthit

Title: The Return

Author: Melissa Douthit

Published: Couronne Press, 2013

Pages: 336

Series: Book 3, The Raie'Chaelia

Summary: MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS! After the fall from the Maaldan cliff, Chalice is reunited with her friends on a journey that takes them to the coastline of Ielieria. Little do Vlaad and his Fierain know what is in store for them as, bit by bit, their plans are thwarted by this blond-haired, blue-eyed beauty.

The small band of rebels then travels across the Realm, preparing it for war, while Chalice herself is brewing plans of her own that may just land her in the hot seat. What will happen when she returns her father to the throne? What will happen when he finds out what she has done? And … what will happen once Dar’Maalda learns of the rebels’ location?  (Taken from Goodreads)

Thoughts: After reading the first two books in the Raie'Chaelia series and really enjoying them I was looking forward to reading The Return.  Especially after the cliffhanger ending of the last book.

The story starts off straight away and promises to be exciting, with all that Chalice must do.  I know that a lot of people get annoyed at the large amounts of information about the world and aspects of the world but I actually enjoy reading about those parts.

The romance between Chalice and Jeremiah heats up in this book and yep, it definitely does heat up.  That's all I'm going to say about that.

I did really enjoy the story as a whole.  It was a good ending to the trilogy and I'm a little sad to see it ending.  Some of the sentence structure was worded a little strangely at some points but apart from that I found The Return to be quite enjoyable.


Source: 


2 comments:

  1. Thank you, Rebecca, for the great review! I know you've been really busy, so I just wanted to say that I appreciate you participating in the tour!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for taking part in the tour and the great review. I'm glad you enjoyed The Return and the rest of the trilogy so much.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always awesome!